Full Job Details
Contracts Manager , Birmingham
Job Type: Permanent | £ Competitive
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our Capital Works team in Birmingham.
As a Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for our workforce and customers throughout the Birmingham area. You will acquire labour, subcontractors, plant and materials to ensure work is completed on time and to budget.
Reporting to the Business Manager, you will manage and motivate a well-established team of site staff and subcontractors through a network of foremen. Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction, you will develop and maintain lasting relationships with our client, as well as forming relations with new clients.
You will ensure productivity management systems are in place and targets are issued before work starts and ensure our policies, procedures and business management systems are understood and followed.
Your other duties will include:
- Monitoring and controlling contracts to minimise costs and maximise value and profit
- Recruiting, inducting and developing site based staff and apprentices
- Identifying cost and progress variances and taking action if needed
- Maintaining effective reporting procedures for programming and control purposes
To be considered, you must have:
- Relevant experience of contract management in a similar role on capital works projects ranging from £50,000 to £2m
- Experience of simultaneously running a variety of projects in various locations
- The ability to organise, manage and motivate both subcontractors and a direct labour workforce of various trades
- Experience in the production of client KPI’s
- A sound knowledge of CDM and health and safety requirements
- The ability to set targets and understand costs and manage against them to deliver consistently profitable performance
As a Contracts Manager, you must be a customer focused team player with strong judgement and decision making abilities. You must also be commercially savvy and be adept at thinking logically and analytically.