Full Job Details
Quantity Surveyor, Manchester
Job Type: Permanent | £ Competitive
Location: Based in Manchester
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus (which has been achieved the last two years)
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits
Out of our 13 offices across the UK, Manchester was opened two years ago due to a National contract. It has since more than doubled in turnover with a team of two has now grown to a team of seven excluding the direct labour force. Due to this rapid growth we have the need for a Quantity Surveyor who can demonstrate a high level of commercial acumen and the passion for leading.
What we offer:
- As a Quantity Surveyor, Ian Williams empowers you to take control and make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, so it is important that you can demonstrate you can work as a part of a team to achieve the best results
- Ian Williams shows commitment to you as an individual. We are interested in personal development which is then only going to maximise performance from yourself. Are you experiencing this at the moment?
- Ian Williams are not averse to hearing ideas at all levels within the company which ultimately improves a company. In Manchester, you would come in and form part of a team which is rapidly expanding the business in the area, so be part of something far bigger….
- There are invoicing cut offs and internal valuations but the remainder of your time is for YOU to plan and prioritise workload. This includes arranging your own diary for site visits, client progress meetings etc.
- Clearly as a company we have Business Management procedures to follow but from a surveyor point of view, the priority is accuracy of reporting figures. There is a high level of flexibility within the confines of the contracts in our Response/ Maintenance Product.
- There is however a strict Valuation Policy which has to be adhered to but how you get to your final commercial figures currently is individual preference.
- One of the biggest pleasures of being a Quantity Surveyor in Ian Williams is having the responsibility and accountability for the financial and technical aspects of the contracts. What Ian Williams wants is for you to ensure effective cash-flow management to meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Most importantly, this doesn’t go unnoticed- that’s why we pay the 25% bonus based on the Unit’s performance, not the company, YOU are accountable for your rewards and we thrive on developing people internally- the Managing Director, the Operations Director, General Managers, Business Managers, Managing Quantity Surveyors and Contract Managers all started with Ian Williams Ltd at Trainee level and throughout their career, Ian Williams Ltd identified, responded and identified their INDIVIDUAL potential.
What we want:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
- The ability to motivate and lead team, whether you are at the moment or are hands on coaching and mentoring presently
About Ian Williams Ltd.
Have a look at our website- see where our offices are based across the UK, understand our passion and success for career development and learn about Ian Williams Ltd, one of the UK’s leading property services companies. We are an award winning business with the PWC Business of the Year Award over £30m, 2016.