Full Job Details
HR Administrator , Chipping Sodbury, Bristol
Job Type: Permanent | £ Competitive
Location: Based in Chipping Sodbury
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
Competitive package including:
- 3% Performance Reward Bonus
- 3% employee contribution pension scheme and
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25) with the option to buy and sell
We have an exciting job opportunity for a HR Administrator and are looking for someone who is enthused to develop a career within Human Resources, based in Chipping Sodbury on a full time basis. You will be passionate about providing high level administrative support to the HR, Training and Development and Health and Safety departments.
What you will be doing:
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support service to the Training and Development, Health and Safety and Human Resources departments.
- Input & monitor Health and Safety and Training information on the appropriate systems and databases.
- Compile cyclical HR, Training and Health & Safety reports as required.
- Working with CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) to obtain grant funding for training.
- Respond to email and telephone queries on a range of HR/ Training and Development matters aiming to resolve at the first point of contact, signposting relevant online guidance or handing over to other members of HR as appropriate.
- Supporting with the preparing, checking and issuing of employment contractual documentation within agreed timescales, ensuring accuracy and compliance with legislation and internal policies and procedures.
- Providing additional support in terms of regular payroll activities and providing back-up cover for holidays & sickness.
- Providing additional cover for reception activities during sickness and holidays.
- Arrange training days and events and liaising with venues and delegates as appropriate.
- Assisting with the recruitment activities on an ad-hoc basis. Duties to include entering application details, preparation of appointment documentation, responding to candidate emails, sending out interview invites, arranging assessment centres and other admin duties as required.
- Undertaking any other administrative activities as required, to fulfil the requirements of the role.
You’ll apply because you have:
Proven administrative experience and a professional and flexible approach. You will have excellent IT and communication skills, the ability to effectively prioritise a wide range of tasks, and work as part of a team.
Crucial to your success in this role will be your excellent attention to detail, your ability to input data accurately and a can-do attitude.
An understanding of HR processes and employment law legislation would be advantageous though not essential. You have at least 4 GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grades A-C.
You will be looking for a role that can stretch you out of your comfort zone and you will be ready to seize opportunities available to develop your skills within an HR function.
About Ian Williams Ltd
Ian Williams has a reputation for quality and excellence with customers and employees alike, living up to our company value of “behaving to others as we would wish them to behave to us”. We firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential. We have a refreshing lack of hierarchy, which in return creates plenty of team spirit, support and the opportunity to learn.