Full Job Details
Finance Assistant, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol
Job Type: Permanent | £ Competitive
Location: Based in Chipping Sodbury
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 3% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Additional Benefits including Employee Pension Contribution Scheme
As a Finance Assistant, you will be working as part of a team to support our Finance Manager across a range of duties that will compliment your existing experience; communicating with various departments across the business as our Finance team is a centralised function supporting the wider business units. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of information inputted into the system to allow you to prepare and interpret the management accounting data held within the COINS system for Ian Williams.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is proactive and has an eye for detail, continually delivering accurate work to tight deadlines.
- Is a team player who is able to contribute to a productive yet enjoyable working environment.
- Has experience within monthly accounts preparation to include; Journal entries onto the General ledger, Fixed Asset register updates, P&L analysis, Balance sheet reconciliations and Quarterly VAT returns.
- Familiar with Integrated computer systems in order to generate and analyse monthly accounting reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the property maintenance industry and/or relevant industries such as Construction/Facilities Management – however this is not essential to the role.
- Is educated to A level standard or equivalent, and is full or Part Qualified AAT with the supporting experience.
Why Ian Williams?
We offer a competitive salary and you’ll also enjoy a package of benefits to reward your hard work including a performance reward scheme, 23 days holiday allowance (with an option to purchase additional holiday) and employer pension contributions. The option of study support towards the AAT qualification will be considered after the successful probationary period.
Ian Williams works hard to provide employees with a culture that supports individual development whilst maintaining a supportive atmosphere in which to work. We are proud of our track record when it comes to employee development and progression – the number of long serving employees who have worked their way up within the business speaks for itself. Creating a positive working environment and providing genuine development opportunities for those who want them is what makes us stand out from the crowd.