Full Job Details
Working Foreperson , Bristol
Job Type: Permanent | £ Competitive
Location: Bristol Area
Product: Capital Works
Hours: 39 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent
What are we looking for?
You'll be the face of Ian Williams Ltd carrying out kitchen and bathroom fitting as well as planned works within occupied residential properties, empty properties and public buildings as well as working with contracts managers with in the business to develop a team to carry out the works effectively. We are seeking an experienced foreperson to join our Bristol Capital team undertaking works in and around the Bristol area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a site based workforce including operatives and apprentices
- Managing Sub Contractors
- Organising workload, plant and materials
- Setting and achieving targets
- Liaising with clients and residents, attending client meetings
- The management of cost control and profitability
- Site Health and safety including ensuring compliance with CDM regulations
- Completing multi trade duties associated within housing modernisation. E.g. plumbing, carpentry, painting etc.
You will need:
- Previous experience in a people management role i.e. a supervisory position
- Experience of working in social housing
- An SSSTS qualification
- Asbestos Awareness Certificate
- CSCS card
- A full driving licence
What we offer
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed minimum weekly earnings with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- Pension contributions
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Industry sick pay
- Transport provided
- Regular training and performance reviews
Who we are
We are one of the UK's leading property services companies with expertise in social housing, education and commercial sectors.
Have a look at our website - see where our offices are based across the UK, read our testimonials, understand our passion and success for career development and learn about Ian Williams Ltd, one of the UK’s leading property services companies. We are an award winning business with the PWC Business of the Year Award over £30m, 2016.