Academy Officer – Maternity Cover (12-month contract), Chipping Sodbury, Bristol
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
We have an opportunity for an Academy Officer to join our Training & Development Team based in our Head Office in Chipping Sodbury.
As Academy Officer you will support Ian Williams in its management of apprentices and Trainee Surveyors. You’ll be involved in the recruitment and onboarding process and will support trainees right through to the point they are offered their first substantive role within the business. You’ll ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the related training and development processes and support the trainees through each stage of the programme.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work alongside the Business Units and the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) to recruit the required numbers of apprentices and ensure those recruited have confirmed college places
- Work with Business Units and HR to recruit high calibre trainee surveyors.
- Review and feedback to Business Managers on Apprentice Progress Reviews outlining any actions needing to be taken so the apprentice can be successful
- Gather and collate documentary evidence to support 6 monthly Trainee Surveyor Progress reviews
- Coordinate and run apprentice events and ensure these events benefit from a high level of positive PR
- Build positive working relationships with CITB Apprenticeship Officers and Area Delivery Managers and College Apprenticeship staff keeping abreast of new apprenticeship standards and assessments and funding arrangements
- Identify economies of scale, new ways of working and efficiencies for centrally driven apprentice and trainee surveyor activities.
- Oversee logistics of trainee surveyor programme including overseeing trainee surveyor secondments and trainee surveyor role specific training
- Coordinate administrative and support tasks for apprentice and trainee programmes and produce appropriate metrics.
- Deal effectively with issues arising with apprentices and trainee surveyors.
- You will have worked in a similar, diverse role, and have some relatable HR/T&D experience. Crucially you will be able to easily demonstrate previous experience of building and maintaining relationships internally and externally as well as managing and organising your time efficiently to ensure the success of the IW Apprenticeship and Trainee Surveyor programme
- Although not essential to your application previous experience of working within the property services industry and with apprenticeships, trainees and with the CITB is desirable.