Contracts Manager, London
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with competitive fuel allowance
- 7% employee contribution pension scheme and
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25) with the option to buy and sell
- Life Insurance and Medical Insurance
Ian Williams has been consistently growing over the years across the UK and with a successful and well established team in Epsom, London they now have contracts up to the value of £6m a year. This means, we have the pleasure in creating a position for another Contracts Manager to join the London team, focussing on client relationship and mentoring and managing a team of up to 37 operatives along with two other Contracts Managers.
As a Contracts Manager, you will manage and motivate site staff and subcontractors through a network of Supervisors in the Painting and Repairs product. You will be an integral part to the success and you will develop and implement plans to ensure we may maintain the value that, the customer is at the heart of all we do.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction, you will develop and maintain lasting relationships with our clients.
- Ensuring appropriate health and safety measures are in place.
- Recruiting, inducting and developing site based teams including trade staff, apprentices and subcontractors
- Implementing project plans for new sites
- Ensuring appropriate productivity management systems are in place and targets are issued before work starts and ensure our policies, procedures and Business Management systems are understood and followed.
- Identifying cost and progress variance, taking action if needed
- Maintaining effective reporting procedures for programming and control purposes
You'll apply because you have:
- Relevant experience of contract management in a similar role
- Experience of overseeing a variety of work in various locations
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts
- A sound working knowledge of CDM and Health and Safety requirements
- The ability to build successful working relationships with customers and employees
- Potentially, experience of working with social housing, local authority clients or larger Commercial organisations
- An understanding of cost and risk management
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK’s leading property services companies with expertise in the social housing, education and commercial sectors. We are a financially secure business with a solid track record and are experiencing record results in profitability.
We owe our success to our people. We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential; we are proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold accreditation.
As an employee of Ian Williams you’ll share in our success. In addition to our competitive benefits package we also have an exceptional profit share scheme providing you with the opportunity to earn up to 25% of salary as part of our transparent and realistic performance reward scheme.