Finance Assistant, Chipping Sodbury
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 3% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Additional Benefits including Employee Pension Contribution Scheme
As a Finance Assistant, you will be working as part of a centralised team to support our Finance Manager across a range of duties that will compliment your existing experience; communicating with various departments across the business. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of information inputted into the system to allow you to prepare and interpret the management accounting data held within the COINS system for Ian Williams.
You'll apply because you have:
- Experience within monthly accounts preparation to include; Journal entries onto the General ledger, Fixed Asset register updates, P&L analysis, Balance sheet reconciliations and Quarterly VAT returns.
- Experience with integrated computer systems in order to generate and analyse monthly accounting reports.
- Knowledge and experience of the property maintenance industry and/or relevant industries such as Construction/Facilities Management – however this is not essential to the role.
- A level (or equivalent) standard of education
- Full or Part AAT qualification with the supporting experience.
You would describe yourself as:
- Proactive with an eye for detail, continually delivering accurate work to tight deadlines.
- A team player who is able to contribute to a productive yet enjoyable working environment
More about Ian Williams:
We offer a competitive salary and you’ll also enjoy a package of benefits to reward your hard work including a performance reward scheme, 23 days holiday allowance (with an option to purchase additional holiday) and employer pension contributions. The option of study support could be offered subject to probationary period.
Ian Williams works hard to provide employees with a culture that supports individual development and consequently achieved one of its greatest accolades in 2017 receiving the Gold standard for the Investors in People (IIP) award. We are proud of our track record when it comes to employee development and progression – the number of long serving employees who have worked their way up within the business speaks for itself. Creating a positive working environment and providing genuine development opportunities for those who want them is what makes us stand out from the crowd.