Helpdesk Team Leader, Birmingham
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary
- 3% performance reward bonus
- Employee Pension Contribution Scheme
- 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 days)
Our National Response Helpdesk based in Birmingham is seeking an enthusiastic and organised Hub Team Leader, who values impeccable customer service and motivating their team.
The team consists of Schedulers and Appointers who work with Social Landlords and Local Authorities to complete repairs via our directly employed operatives and subcontractors. Working in a targeted environment, you will be part of a leadership team that motivate, encourage and drive high performance.
- Manage, develop and encourage team members
- Hold daily and weekly meetings to motivate and incentivise the team
- Conduct 121’s and appraisals with your staff, monitoring sick absence and performance management
- Promoting and enhancing improvement in the quality of service delivered
- Dynamically managing resources within the team to ensure that both appointing targets and call service level agreements are met.
- Contribute to the development of the existing quality process
- Contribute to the creation of a complaints process for the Helpdesk
- Updating procedure manuals ensuring any changes are signed off and version controlled.
- Quality assurance checks on calls and orders on the system
- Support further developments of the performance management process
- Be a reliable and dependant support for the Helpdesk Manager
You'll apply because you have:
- A strength of knowledge supervising a team in a Helpdesk environment- if you have done this within a reactive maintenance environment for a contractor or a social landlord (Housing Association or Local Authority) would be of definite interest
- You understand the customers needs us – and this has been at the forefront of your previous work
- The ability to demonstrate leading a successful team, motivating staff, inducting, supporting and training team members to have pride in their work…and more importantly in themselves
- A commitment to continuous improvement
You would describe yourself as:
An active leader, someone who is able to make effective decisions about their team. An influencer on a day to day basis, you are happy to “muck in” when needed while ensuring you are clearly distinct from the team.
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK's leading property services companies with expertise in social housing, education and commercial sectors.
Have a look at our website- see where our offices are based across the UK, read our testimonials, understand our passion and success for career development and learn about Ian Williams Ltd, one of the UK’s leading property services companies. We are an award winning business with the PWC Business of the Year Award over £30m, 2016.