Multi-Skilled Carpenter, Smethwick
Ian Williams Ltd
39 per week
You'll be the face of Ian Williams Ltd carrying out maintenance activities within empty properties and public buildings. We are seeking an experienced Carpenter with additional trade skills to join our team undertaking void works in the Smethwick area.
You'll apply because you have:
- A minimum NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) in Carpentry
- More than one competent trade and experience in carrying out multi-trade repair works such as basic plumbing, plastering and sheet & vinyl tile installation
- Previous experience working on void works
- Your own 110v tools and transport
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS disclosure
You would describe yourself as:
- Customer focused with a positive approach
- Target driven
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed minimum weekly earnings with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- Pension contributions
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK’s leading property services companies with expertise in the social housing, education and commercial sectors. We are a financially secure business with a solid track record and are experiencing record results in profitability.
We owe our success to our people. We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential; we are proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold accreditation.