Quantity Surveyor, Newton Abbot
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with an excellent fuel allowance
- Holidays, 7% Employer Pension Contribution, Life Insurance
We are a subsidiary contractor within our client, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works, Heating/ Compliance and Cyclical Painting to our client with a contract agreed for 15 years.
We firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
With our successful launch in July, we are expanding our Commercial team and looking for a Quantity Surveyor for the Planned works contract.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information. Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
You'll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- A successful track record of converting tenders
- A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit and cash flow
- A working knowledge of standard forms of contract
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus