Quantity Surveyor, Bristol
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus based on the Units performance
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits
As one of the leading property services businesses within the UK, we have had record success over the last three years and are continuing to grow.
We are looking for a commercial Quantity Surveyor to join our established Bristol team and play a critical role in the management, control and direction within the Refurbishment team.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts, including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Preparing tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Producing monthly contract valuations
- Supporting the Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities
You'll apply because you have:
- proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- the accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- the passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
More about Ian Williams:
What our Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another very positive”