Quantity Surveyor, Epsom
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits including life insurance, holidays and pension contribution
We have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who thrives on having that balance of, putting the customer first, and profit, to be based in our established Epsom office within our Painting product
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who matches that ambition to secure work and build long lasting relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
- Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
You'll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
More about Ian Williams:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”