Quantity Surveyor, Salisbury
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits including life insurance, holidays and pension contribution
Our Salisbury office is seeking a passionate and driven Quantity Surveyor, who values their career development as well as their client. This is the right job if you are looking to join a leading company that provides a safe, secure and friendly working environment for all its employees.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Preparing tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
- Supporting the Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities
You'll apply because you have:
- proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- experience of working with social housing and local authority clients desirable
- a proven track record of working with public buildings desirable
- experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
You would describe yourself as:
As a Surveyor, you’re commercially savvy and adept at thinking logically and analytically. You’re customer focused and a team player who enjoys working within a relaxed office environment.
More about Ian Williams:
What our Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”