Quantity Surveyor, Leeds
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits
We are in a fortunate position to be looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our office based in Leeds.
What we offer:
- As a Quantity Surveyor, Ian Williams empowers you to take control and make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, so it is important that you can demonstrate you can work as a part of a team to achieve the best results
- Ian Williams shows commitment to you as an individual. We are interested in personal development which is then only going to maximise performance from yourself. Are you experiencing this at the moment?
- Ian Williams are not averse to hearing ideas at all levels within the company which ultimately improves a company. In Manchester, you would come in and form part of a team which is rapidly expanding the business in the area, so be part of something far bigger….
- There are invoicing cut offs and internal valuations but the remainder of your time is for YOU to plan and prioritise workload. This includes arranging your own diary for site visits, client progress meetings etc.
- Clearly as a company we have Business Management procedures to follow but from a surveyor point of view, the priority is accuracy of reporting figures. There is a high level of flexibility within the confines of the contracts in our Response/ Maintenance Product.
- There is however a strict Valuation Policy which has to be adhered to but how you get to your final commercial figures currently is individual preference.
- One of the biggest pleasures of being a Quantity Surveyor in Ian Williams is having the responsibility and accountability for the financial and technical aspects of the contracts. What Ian Williams wants is for you to ensure effective cash-flow management to meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Most importantly, this doesn’t go unnoticed- that’s why we pay the 25% bonus based on the Unit’s performance, not the company, YOU are accountable for your rewards and we thrive on developing people internally- the Managing Director, the Operations Director, General Managers, Business Managers, Managing Quantity Surveyors and Contract Managers all started with Ian Williams Ltd at Trainee level and throughout their career, Ian Williams Ltd identified, responded and identified their INDIVIDUAL potential.
You'll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
- The ability to motivate and lead team, whether you are at the moment or are hands on coaching and mentoring presently
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK’s leading property services companies with expertise in the social housing, education and commercial sectors. We are a financially secure business with a solid track record and are experiencing record results in profitability.
We owe our success to our people. We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential; we are proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold accreditation.
As an employee of Ian Williams Ltd you’ll share in our success. In addition to our competitive benefits package we also have an exceptional profit share scheme providing you with the opportunity to earn up to 25% of salary as part of our transparent and realistic performance reward scheme.