Quantity Surveyor, Manchester
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus (which has been achieved the last two years)
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits
Our Manchester office was opened nearly three years ago and has since tripled in contracts value due to our Response/ Maintenance product, and has since enabled us to open our newest offices in Leeds and Liverpool.
Due to this rapid growth we have the need for a Quantity Surveyor, to join our team, who can demonstrate a high level of commercial acumen and has the PASSION to make the business and yourself money, the DESIRE for career development and the PLEASURE of being a big part of a collaborative team.
Responsibilities will include:
- You’ll be RESPONSIBLE for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- You will be ACCOUNTABLE for managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- You will also DEVELOP and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- You will MANAGE the billing process to minimise capital usage
You'll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- The passion for business and to meet the budget, so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK’s leading property services companies with expertise in the social housing, education and commercial sectors. We are well established and have traded successfully for over 70 years; we have grown significantly in this time and have further ambitions for growth providing great career development opportunities for our employees. We are a financially secure business with a solid track record and are experiencing record results in profitability.
We owe our success to our people. People are at the heart of everything we do; we invest in our employees and provide them with the opportunity to fulfil their potential in a safe, friendly and supportive working environment.
We firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees; we are proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold accreditation.