Quantity Surveyor, Liverpool
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus based on the Units performance
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits
With our continual growth, we have recently had success in securing a new contract in Liverpool, enabling us to open our 14th office within the UK. Therefore, we are looking for a commercial Quantity Surveyor to join our established Liverpool team and play a critical role in the management, control and direction within the Painting and Repairs team.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts currently up to £1.5m, including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Preparing tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Producing monthly contract valuations
- Supporting the Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities
You'll apply because you have:
- proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- the accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- the passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
More about Ian Williams:
Have a look at our website- see where our offices are based across the UK, understand our passion and success for career development and learn about Ian Williams Ltd, one of the UK’s leading property services companies. We are an award winning business with the PWC Business of the Year Award over £30m, 2016.