Quantity Surveyor – Maidstone, Maidstone
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Holidays, Employer Pension Contribution, Life Insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information. Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
- Helping Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities
- Most importantly, this doesn’t go unnoticed- that’s why we pay the 25% bonus based on the Unit’s performance, not the company, YOU are accountable for your rewards and we thrive on developing people internally- the Managing Director, the Operations Director, General Managers, Business Managers, Managing Quantity Surveyors and Contract Managers all started with Ian Williams Ltd at Trainee level and throughout their career, Ian Williams Ltd identified, responded and identified their INDIVIDUAL potential.
You'll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- A successful track record of converting tenders
- A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit and cash flow
- A working knowledge of standard forms of contract
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK's leading property services companies with expertise in social housing, education and commercial sectors.
Have a look at our website- see where our offices are based across the UK, read our testimonials, understand our passion and success for career development and learn about Ian Williams Ltd, one of the UK’s leading property services. We are an award winning business with the PWC Business of the Year Award over £30m, 2016.