Quantity Surveyor, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Ian Williams Ltd
Full time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary
- 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- 7% employer contribution pension scheme and
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25), with the option to buy and sell.
- Life Insurance
- Free Parking
We like to challenge our employees, but we make sure you are rewarded- and we don’t just assume that has to be monetary- we care about your development and we are committed to your career. We have a refreshing lack of hierarchy, which in return instil plenty of team spirit, support and the opportunity to learn.
Our Salisbury office is seeking a passionate and driven Quantity Surveyor, who values their career development as well as their client. This is the right job if you are looking to join a leading company that provides a safe, secure and friendly working environment for all its employees.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Preparing tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
- Supporting the Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities
You'll apply because you have:
- proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- experience of working with social housing and local authority clients desirable
- a proven track record of working with public buildings desirable
- experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
You would describe yourself as:
As a Surveyor, you’re commercially savvy and adept at thinking logically and analytically. You’re customer focused and a team player who enjoys working within a relaxed office environment.
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK's leading property services companies with expertise in social housing, education and commercial sectors.
Have a look at our website- see where our offices are based across the UK, read our testimonials, understand our passion and success for career development and learn about Ian Williams Ltd, one of the UK’s leading property services. We are an award winning business with the PWC Business of the Year Award over £30m, 2016.