Software Developer, Chipping Sodbury, Bristol
Ian Williams Ltd
Full Time, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
Competitive package including:
- 3% Performance Reward Bonus
- 3% employee contribution pension scheme and
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25) with the option to buy and sell
Interested in working for one of UK’s leading property services companies, that is just as passionate about their employees as they are their clients? With a turnover of just under £100m and 14 offices across the UK, we’ve been growing consistently over the last 70 years.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to join our in house development team, reporting direct to leadership within our small IT team based in Chipping Sodbury.
At Ian Williams we can offer you security, stability and the “more than odd occasion” team lunch within our IT department.
We recognise our people define our organisation and help us to continue to grow; having the right mix of engaged, passionate and professional people is key to our ability to add value to our clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage with Ian Williams operational stakeholders to translate business requirements into IT functional specifications
- Design, specify and propose solutions, aligned with business requirements
- Develop new and existing services in line with business requirements
- Engage in and coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for formal signoff
- Document systems development for handover into steady state including the production of instructions, training plans and user manuals/help screens
- Create and maintain an up to date systems and development document matrix; identifying documentation gaps and taking steps to provide and maintain documents
- Provide applications (COINS, DRS, COINS Mobile etc.) systems support, escalating incidents and problems as appropriate
You'll apply because you have:
- Experience working with Java, we are primarily a Microsoft House with Windows Servers (2008/12), SQL, MySQL, Apache etc, but our partners also use the likes of Progress Database.
- Experience with core programming skills, but as you will be working within a small team, you’d consider yourself an “all-rounder”, if faced with a support or development issue, it is very much a case of the team as a whole pooling our combined experience to progress issues to resolution.
- Knowledge/experience of Agile development (or similar), Change Control, Version/release process etc
- Our aim and remit is to transform the IT department from a “small business” mind-set into an enterprise capable support department such that we can fully support the business and strategy as it continues to grow