Working Foreperson (Gas), Reading
Ian Williams Ltd
39 per week
We are one of the UK's leading property services companies with expertise in social housing, education and commercial sectors. Having recently been awarded a new contract, we are seeking an experienced Working Foreperson (Gas) to join the team undertaking works in and around the Reading area.
Experience of working on response maintenance contracts within the social housing sector is desirable as you will be required to support the response team in the day-to-day repair/maintenance activities within occupied residential premises. You will need to ensure compliance with management systems, company and client standards and statutory acts and regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a site based workforce including operatives, apprentices & subcontractors
- Organising workload, plant and materials
- Estimating minor project works
- Setting and achieving targets
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Attending client meetings & site surveys
- Site Health and safety including ensuring compliance with CDM regulations
You'll apply because you have:
- Previous experience in a people management role i.e. a supervisory position
- An NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in Complex Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance
- Gas Safe registration
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed minimum weekly earnings with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- Pension contributions
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Industry sick pay
- Transport provided
- Regular training and performance reviews
More about Ian Williams:
We are one of the UK’s leading property services companies with expertise in the social housing, education and commercial sectors. We are a financially secure business with a solid track record and are experiencing record results in profitability.
We owe our success to our people. We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential; we are proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold accreditation.