Location: Based in Aston, Birmingham
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
At Ian Williams we ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
- Take home up to 3% performance reward bonus just in time for Christmas
- We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 3%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option (up to 5 days) this then rises to 25 days annual leave after 5 years service
- Training and development opportunities
We are looking for a talented individual to join our established Business Support team in Birmingham.
You will provide full administrative support to ensure the effective delivery of our key Capital (planned refurbishment) works within the local area. In addition, you will be working within one of the largest and most vibrant offices of Ian Williams assisting not only with capital works but also supporting the facilities and coordination for national training and conferences held at our Birmingham offices.
Business Support are integral to the operational team’s successful delivery of services to our clients therefore if you enjoy being such a key part of our business then we want to hear from you!
What will I actually be doing?
You will be carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks including; data input, timesheet processing, invoicing, payroll inputting and managing multiple inboxes.
You will also be processing purchase orders, inputting operative timesheets and issuing van stock to contracts on the system.
Other duties will include word processing, photocopying, filing and ad-hoc administrative tasks.
Who’s right for the job?
You will value first class customer service and will facilitate strong working relationships within your immediate and wider teams.
You’ll describe yourself as an excellent communicator who is confident in making and receiving calls.
A genuine team player who thrives in taking responsibility whilst also able to work with others to achieve the daily, weekly and monthly demands of these contracts.
Someone who thrives within a high volume and sometimes pressurised administrative environment is essential.
Above all you will be committed to ensuring a high level of attention to detail and understand the importance of accuracy in all you communicate.
What will you bring?
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent (to include maths and English)
- A pro-active and can-do attitude to a fast-paced, reactive office environment
- Ideally, you’ll have proven experience in a similar office-based role and will be confident in using various computer packages including MS Office, Outlook and Excel (basic level)
- The ability to assess priorities in accordance to urgency, to meet the demands of the business
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.