Location: Based at Cardiff Gate, Cardiff
Hours: Part-time 25.5 hours per week over 3 days (Monday, Tuesday and Fridays) 8.30-5pm
Salary: Pro rata to 25.5 hrs, full time equivalent £18,450
At Ian Williams we ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
- Take home up to 3% performance reward bonus just in time for Christmas
- We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 3%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option (up to 5 days) this then rises to 25 days annual leave after 5 years service
- Training and development opportunities
We are looking for a customer focused individual to join our established Business Support team in Cardiff.
Cardiff Business Support are proud to be rated by its employees as a positive and happy team environment. They look forward to welcoming in a new part time member to their supportive, vibrant and friendly team.
You will provide full administrative and customer service support to our operational teams and clients in order to ensure the effective delivery of Capital (planned refurbishment) and Painting works within the local area.
Business Support are integral to the operational team’s successful delivery of these services therefore if you enjoy being such a key part of a successful business then we want to hear from you!
What will I actually be doing?
You will be integral to the operational team’s successful delivery of their services, completing tasks such as: data input, timesheet processing, invoicing, ordering and processing of materials/plant, processing purchase orders, managing multiple inboxes and updating workbooks.
Providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients is critical to the success of this team, therefore you’ll be building relationships that will ensure efficiency.
Other duties will include; being first point of telephone contact for the office, word processing, data input, photocopying, filing and ad-hoc administrative tasks.
Who’s right for the job?
Someone who values first class customer service and is able to facilitate strong working relationships within immediate and wider teams.
A genuine team player who thrives in taking responsibility whilst also able to work with others to achieve the daily, weekly and monthly milestones.
Someone who thrives within a high volume and sometimes pressurised administrative environment is essential.
Above all you will be committed to ensuring a high level of attention to detail and understand the importance of accuracy in all you communicate.
What will you bring?
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent (to include maths and English)
- A pro-active and can-do attitude
- Ideally, you’ll have some proven experience in a similar office-based role and will be confident in using various computer packages including MS Office, Outlook and Excel (basic level)
- The ability to assess priorities in accordance to urgency, to meet the demands of the business
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.