Location: Based in Nottingham
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with competitive fuel allowance
- 7% employer contribution pension scheme and
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25) with the option to buy and sell
- Life Insurance and Medical Insurance
Ian Williams in Nottingham seek a committed and organised Contracts Manager to join our local team.
As a Contracts Manager, you will be an integral part to the success of our key reactive maintenance contracts operating throughout the East Midlands. In addition to taking ownership of the operational management of these contracts you will also be focused on developing and implementing plans to ensure we may maintain the value that, the customer is at the heart of all we do.
Who’s right for the job?
We require someone who understands and is genuinely invested in maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction to our key clients, demonstrating a fair and flexible approach to achieve this.
You will be a strong leader who can make important decisions, whilst also being able to consider the wider context of your business unit from an operational and to a lighter extent, commercial perspective.
You’ll identify yourself as results driven manager whilst always maintaining the customer and our people are at the centre of our work.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction, you will develop and maintain lasting relationships with our clients.
- Ensuring appropriate health and safety measures are in place and monitored.
- Recruiting, inducting and developing site based teams including trade staff, apprentices and subcontractors
- Implementing project plans for new sites
- Ensuring appropriate productivity management systems are in place and targets are issued before work starts and ensure our policies, procedures and Business Management systems are understood and followed.
- Identifying cost and progress variance, taking action if needed
- Maintaining effective reporting procedures for programming and control purposes
Skills/Qualifications crucial to the role:
- Relevant experience of contract management in a similar role; experience of working with social housing, local authority clients or larger commercial organisations, preferred
- Experience of overseeing a variety of work in various locations
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts through a network of Supervisor/Foreman
- A sound working knowledge of site Health and Safety requirements
- The ability to build successful working relationships with customers and employees
- An understanding of cost and risk management
- SMSTS qualification is advantageous
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.