Location: Based in Epsom
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
At Ian Williams we ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
• Take home up to 25% performance reward scheme based on your units performance (Epsom painting have achieved this in full over the last 4 years)
• We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
• A company car scheme where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
• Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
• 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so use our buy and sell option of up to 5 days
• Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
• Training and development opportunities
Due to Ian Williams Ltd sustained growth within our Painting product, our London office is looking to expand, and as a result we seek a Contracts Manager to head up our London based painting contracts in Epsom.
As a Contract Manager you will be an integral part to the success of our painting business, and you will develop and implement plans to ensure we may maintain the value that, the customer and our employees are at the heart of all we do.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be tasked with managing painting and associated repair/refurbishment contracts, values ranging from £2,000 to £1.5 million, for a variety of key clients within the M25 and surrounding areas including; local authorities, private schools, insurance bodies and various commercial and public sector arenas.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll be a leader who genuinely seeks to facilitate ‘getting the best’ out of their staff.
As a manager you’ll describe yourself, as well as being able to evidence this, as fair and supportive in your approach to incentivising and developing a productive trades team.
You will value process and understand the importance of following company procedures and reporting when controlling and coordinating labour, materials and health and safety requirements.
You’ll ensure and enforce Health and Safety measures are in place and monitored.
What will you bring?
• Relevant experience of contract management/ project management in a similar role
• Experience of overseeing a variety of work ideally within the Painting/ Decorating sector although we are open to other backgrounds too
• The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of a contract successfully
• A trade background (all trades considered to NVQ level 2 or equivalent) preferred but not essential
• A sound working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
• The ability to build successful working relationships with customers and employees
• An understanding of cost and risk management
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.