Location: Based in Tonbridge
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
At Ian Williams we ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
- Take home up to 25% performance reward scheme based on your units performance (Maidstone Capital have achieved this in full for the last 2 years)
- We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
- A company car scheme where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so use our buy and sell option
- Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
- Training and development opportunities
Due to Ian Williams Ltd sustained growth and success within our Capital works division, our Maidstone operations team is looking to expand and we now seek a Contracts Manager to head up our Contracts and Project-based refurbishment works in Kent and the surrounding areas.
As a Contract Manager you will work together with operations, trades and commercial teams in order to collaboratively achieve and even better, exceed, your unit’s targets. You’ll be joining one of the leading Ian Williams business units.
So what does a Contracts Manager look like at Ian Williams? As a Contracts Manager you will describe yourself as a “people’s manager” because you’re passionate about your team and their achievements. You’ll want to be a key part of the “bigger picture” in recognising and developing our inhouse labour, getting the best out of your team and delivering the highest client satisfaction possible.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll be a leader who genuinely seeks to facilitate ‘getting the best’ out of their staff.
As a manager you’ll describe yourself, as well as being able to evidence this, as fair and supportive in your approach to incentivising and developing a productive trades team.
You will value process and understand the importance of following company procedures and reporting when controlling and coordinating labour, materials and health and safety requirements.
You’ll ensure Health and Safety measures are in place and monitored.
Above all you’ll value integrity and honesty with regards to your working relationships internally and externally.
What will you bring?
- Relevant experience of contract/ project management in a similar role
- Experience of overseeing a variety of work ideally within the refurbishment/maintenance sector
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of a contract and/or project successfully to time, budget and client satisfaction requirements
- A trade background (all trades considered to NVQ level 2 or equivalent) preferred but not essential
- A sound working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- The ability to build successful working relationships with customers and employees
- An understanding of cost and risk management
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.