Location: Based in the Midlands or North
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- A generous performance reward scheme of up to 30% of salary and membership of a long-term incentive plan
- Company car and highly competitive personal fuel scheme (average saving of £3.5k per annum)
- Additional Benefits including up to 10% employer contribution pension scheme, private medical Insurance, permanent health insurance, life insurance, annual leave
- Minimal travel for a role of this level
You believe in creating a working environment where people feel empowered to be the best version of themselves. You believe that if you focus on leading a happy workforce, your business will be successful.
You are someone who considers themselves engaging, capable of motivating a team and setting standards.
We have an opportunity for a General Manager within our Response Maintenance businesses. This is a senior leadership position with responsibility for ensuring, via our Business Managers, that the budgets of your assigned businesses are met or exceeded each year. In addition, you will also be responsible for implementing the products longer term strategic aims.
As General Manager your responsibilities will include
- Creating a working environment in which our employees can thrive and do their best work
- Upholding the business values to the highest standards always and ensuring employees at Ian Williams do the same.
- Ensuring work is carried out safely in accordance to Health and Safety regulations by monitoring adherence to Company policies and procedures and the Business Management System
- Supporting the business manager to identify, nurture and develop talented individuals
- Working with your Business Managers to create and maintain long term relationships with our current clients, as well as building new ones, and ensuring you and your teams provide exceptional customer service
- Driving the growth and performance of the product across the business by building and developing engaged teams
- Developing and leading Business Managers within your region to ensure successful delivery of the Unit budgets.
To be successful:
- You will have proven senior leadership experience gained in a similar role, though you do not have to have operated within the Response Maintenance market. Most important are your leadership skills.
- You will be able to evidence that you have achieved great results by managing and leading others.
- You will have the ability to see the bigger picture and have the communication skills, tact and diplomacy to develop relationships that will make you, your teams and Ian Williams successful.
- You will have experienced profit and loss responsibility at a business/divisional level (i.e. not only at a contract level)
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.