Hours: 39 per week
Hourly rate: Competitive
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Joiner to join our successful Capital Development Business based in Nottingham, which specialises in refurbishment projects and void properties.
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Travel Allowance
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
Duties and responsibilities of the Joiner role:
- Working on Social Housing void contracts and refurbishment projects in the public and private sectors in Nottingham, Derby and surrounding areas
- Day to day work focused predominantly on undertaking work as part of a team in Joinery completing kitchen and bathroom refit programmes in Social Housing, as well refurbishment projects in various settings.
- Undertaking kitchen fitting, boxing in, fitting skirtings and architraves, hanging doors, 2nd fix work.
- Customer facing role
Expectations of the successfully appointed Joiner:
- Qualified to an NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry, or equivalent professional body
- Preferably to have experience of working in a capital development or voids workstream environment
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Joiner role, with use of your own vehicle.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.