Location: Based in Exeter, Devon
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Up to 25% Performance Reward Scheme
- Company Car Scheme with a highly competitive private mileage scheme
- 7% contribution pension
- Life and Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday with Buy and Sell benefits
Ian Williams have successfully secured a social housing contract for initially 10 years and seek a Managing Surveyor to help make this a success. You will lead a commercial team consisting of Quantity Surveyors and trainees, creating an environment of positivity and productivity.
This is an Asset Management contract and we are looking for a highly commercial and astute Managing Surveyor to control the costs of the contract and manage risk, while working with the client.
This contract offers security and longevity of works; you’ll be actively involved in the initial set up and mobilisation of the team and contract, giving you real ownership from the very start.
What else do we offer:
- Responsibility- developing and maintaining a high performing commercial team to ensure the contract is being delivered at or above the agreed profit performance including 121’s, appraisals and performance management
- Accountability- managing the financial and technical aspects of the contract including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and debtor day targets
- Opportunity to incentivise- ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit
- Commercial Management- managing the contract accounting and ensuring prompt payment, control cost information and preparing Cost Value Reconciliation and valuations to monitor contract performance
- Support- creating a safe and supportive working environment for you to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues, customers, the client and sub-contractors
Skills crucial to the role:
You’ll be hands on and enjoy being a Managing Surveyor with people management responsibility. You’ll relish in developing and coaching people, drawing on their skills and taking control with regards to managing work streams
You will be experienced in taking accountability for the financial forecasting, target setting and reporting and develop this in line with our businesses systems and procedures from the very start of the mobilisation
You will drive the performance of this contract whilst also aiding support to another local office when required.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.