Location: Based in Newton Abbot
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
We ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
- Take home up to 15% performance reward scheme just in time for the new year (Templer have received bonus each year since its commencement in 2017)
- We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
- A company car where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option
- Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
- Training and development opportunities
Templer HomeBuild seek a Managing Surveyor who can demonstrate a high level of commercial acumen in order to successfully deliver, as part of a team, at agreed profit performance, the commercial aspects of the Asset Management contract to our social housing client.
You’ll be part of a unique and special partnership; a wholly owned subsidiary business of Ian Williams and Teign Housing. Working in an open, collaborative environment, and as one business you will be striving towards the target of successfully demonstrating value for money whilst equally satisfying agreed margins.
We can offer you a safe and supportive working environment, the security of a long-term contract (initially 10 years) and the opportunity to be involved with maintaining safe and adequate living spaces for our local community.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll relish accountability and taking ownership over the commercial aspects of a contract; including valuations, CVRs and commercial progress and forecast reports as well as procurement and billing.
You will be genuinely motivated to identify, support and develop a small commercial team consisting of Trainees and fully-fledged Quantity Surveyors in order to get the best out of them and create satisfying careers. This is a very important part of the role.
A commercial person who can demonstrate being able to successfully deliver a contract in line with thorough reporting procedures, cost controlling processes and can present this information (figures) accurately and appropriately internally and to the client.
A leader who drives performance through setting an example and working honestly.
As a Managing Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining a high performing Surveying team to ensure the contract is being delivered at or above the agreed profit performance including 121’s, appraisals and performance management
- The accountability to manage the financial and technical aspects of the contract including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and debtor day targets
- Ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit
- Managing the contract accounting and ensuring prompt payment, control cost information and preparing Cost Value Reconciliation and valuations to monitor contract performance
What will you bring?
- Proven experience in a similar estimating, surveying or accounting/commercial based role
- Demonstrable experience in managing the commercial reporting of contracts internally and externally
- The passion for business and the development/streamlining of processes, to ultimately meet the budget and keep yourself and your team motivated so you WILL get that 15% performance reward bonus
- The ability to motivate, drive and lead a small commercial team successfully
About Templer HomeBuild Ltd
We are a new and exciting venture, with the security and stability of being a subsidiary within one of the UK’s leading property services companies, delivering Response/ Voids, Planned works and Cyclical Painting and Gas compliance to our client. We owe our quality of service to our people and for this, we can offer a rewarding and varied career.
We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer employees a great place to work and provide them with the opportunity to develop their careers and fulfil their potential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Templer HomeBuild/Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.