Hours: 39 per week guaranteed
Hourly rate: competitive
About the role:
We, Ian Williams Ltd, have been successful in securing an Asset Management contract in the East Devon area, which will be going live in July. This contract offers security and longevity of works; delivering response/ maintenance, refurbishment, painting and decorating and M&E works.
We are looking for a qualified Multi Trade Operative to join a supportive team, completing quality work, being committed to productivity targets and delivering exceptional customer service.
Therefore, we are looking for you to express your interest in joining us on this venture.
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
Duties and responsibilities of the Multi Trade Operative:
- Working on Social Housing, in Voids and reactive response contracts in the East Devon area
- Day to day work focused on reactive response repairs, received on a PDA, and undertaking repairs and maintenance, or voids work in joinery, plumbing, plastering or tiling.
- Customer facing role
Expectations of the successfully appointed Multi Trade Operative:
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level in either Joinery, Plumbing, or Plastering, or similar professional body
- Able to carry out additional duties of a Multi Trade Operative, including Joinery, Plumbing, Plastering, Tiling or Flooring.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Multi Trade Operative role, with use of a company van.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.