Hours: 39 per week
Hourly rate: Competitive
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Multi Trade Operative to join our successful Response Maintenance Business based in Eastbourne, which specialises in voids/repairs and maintenance.
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
Duties and responsibilities of the Multi Trade Operative
- Working on Social Housing, in Voids and Planned Maintenance contracts in the Eastbourne area
- Day to day work focused on kitchen and bathroom installations
- Customer facing role
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday 11.30am – 8pm, and Friday 12:30pm – 8pm.
Expectations of the successfully appointed Multi Trade Operative:
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level in either Joinery, Plumbing, or Plastering, or similar professional body
- Able to carry out additional duties of a Multi Trade Operative, including Joinery, Plumbing, Plastering, Tiling or Flooring.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Multi Trade Operative role, with use of a company van.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.