What are we looking for?
You'll be the face of Ian Williams Ltd carrying out painting & decorating activities within occupied residential properties, empty properties and public buildings. Due to an increasing work, we are seeking experienced Painters & Decorators to join our Birmingham team undertaking works in and around Birmingham, Leicester, Tamworth, Coventry and Warwickshire.
You will need:
- An NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Painting & Decorating
- A skill set that should include paper hanging, all forms of internal & external painting and staining
- A high-quality finish and a commitment to providing first-class customer service
- Any additional trade skills/qualification would be an advantage
- Your own 110v tools
- Experience in domestic and commercial decoration
- Experience communicating with residents and clients
What we offer
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed minimum weekly earnings with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- Pension contributions
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews
- Bonus scheme/target works.
- Wet time paid.
- Travel allowance.
- Fare allowance.
- Hourly rate increases annually, each June.
- Chance of progression to Foreman.
Closing date: 17th June 2019
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates therefore, should you not hear from us in the 2 weeks following the closing date, please assume on this occasion that you have not been successful.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.