Hours: 39 hours per week
Job Type: Temporary to Permanent
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
Duties and responsibilities of the Painter/ Decorator role:
We are delighted to say that due to an increasing workload on our planned works projects, we are seeking experienced Painters & Decorators to join our London Painting team on a temporary basis undertaking works in and around the London area. There will be a permanent role opportunity.
You will be responsible for completing works to a high quality within residential properties and public buildings
While completing your works, the customer will be the forefront at all times, ensuring you are communicating consistently, to ensure a positive experience for yourself and them.
Expectations of the successfully appointed Painter/ Decorator:
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body in Painting and Decorating and Asbestos Awareness certificate
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the role, with your own vehicle.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.