Hours: 39 per week
About the role:
We, Ian Williams Ltd, have been successful in securing further works, which has put us in a positive position of requiring additions to our existing team.
We, are currently looking for an experienced Painting Foreperson to join our successful painting team based in Southampton, which specialises in Cyclical and planned works, due to the positive news of increased works.
We are looking for a qualified Painting Foreperson with painting/ decorating experience to join a supportive team, completing quality work, being committed to productivity targets and delivering exceptional customer service.
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a rewarding employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with annual pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity-based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
Duties and responsibilities of the Painting Foreperson role:
- Working on a cyclical and planned works stream in the MOD covering the Hampshire area.
- Day to day work focused on supervising a trade team, ensuring you are motivating, leading by example and targeting productivity
- Health and Safety management
- Daily reports to the Contracts Manager
Expectations of the successfully appointed Painting Foreperson role:
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body
- Previous supervision/ management experience of teams on site/ multiple sites
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards with the proven ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Painter and Decorator role.
- SMSTS qualification is preferable, although not essential.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.