Hours: 39 per week
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Plumber to join our successful Capital business based in Nottingham, which specialises in planned maintenance and refurbishment for our social housing clients.
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a rewarding employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with annual pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
Duties and responsibilities of the Plumber role:
Every day could see you on a different job. This role is working with tenants therefore your plumbing work will see you with a diverse range of plumbing jobs. These will include:
- testing pipes for leaks
- fixing leaking radiators
- blocked sinks
- kitchen and bathroom installs; this can see you doing entire plumb jobs for kitchens, bathrooms, as well as the drainage systems.
Expectations of the successfully appointed Plumber:
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence plus your own vehicle, is essential
- Although not essential to your application, the desirable candidate will be gas safe registered and have experience of working within care homes and tenanted properties.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.