Location: Based in Southampton
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
• Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
• Company Car with a competitive fuel scheme entitlement
• Up to 7% employers pension contribution
• Additional Benefits including medical and life insurance
Interested in working for one of the UK’s leading property services companies, that is just as passionate about their employees as they are their clients. With a turnover of just under £100m and 14 offices across the UK, we’ve been growing consistently over the last 70 years. We demonstrate a particular expertise in delivering works to the social housing sector.
We have an appealing opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who thrives on having that balance of putting the customer first whilst also investing in ensuring a healthy profit margin. You will be an integral part of the success of this particular contract and commercially fully responsible for the financial, technical and relationship aspects.
Your Key Responsibilities as a Quantity Surveyor:
• Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
• Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
• Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
• You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with BMS and contract budgets
• Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
• Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
• Producing monthly contract valuations CVRS
Ian Williams would like:
• Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role. Response/reactive experience would be very advantageous but not essential
• Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully and the hunger for making money through controlling cost and maximizing job value
• Experience of billing low value but high-volume jobs daily
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What our Quantity Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.