Location: Based in Watford, London
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Competitive salary plus up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus
- Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
- Additional Benefits including life insurance, holidays and pension contribution
We have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who thrives on having that balance of, putting the customer first, and profit, to be based in our new Watford office within our Painting work product.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who matches that ambition to secure work with their ability to build long lasting relationships. Key to the success of our growth at Ian Williams Ltd has been our people and we recognise that our Surveyors are the heartbeat and biggest differentiator to our organisation
The role of a Surveyor will include:
- Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
- Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
You’ll apply because you have:
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role with tendering experience
- Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully from inception to completion
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What our Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if we you are not on our agreed PSL.