Location: Based in Plymouth
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
• Up to 25% Performance Reward Salary scheme based upon your business unit’s performance NOT whole company
• Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
• Up to 7% employers pension contribution
• Additional Benefits including life insurance, holidays and pension contribution
Ian Williams Ltd have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be responsible for the running of small to large-scale refurbishment projects of varying values across the education, government and local authority sectors in Devon. This role sits within our Capital (planned refurbishments) work stream at Ian Williams and you’ll be working as part of the local commercial team based in Plymouth.
Our Business Manager wants to hear from motivated surveyors who are just as passionate about securing work as they are in building and maintaining long lasting relationships with their clients.
You’ll take on full accountability for the technical and commercial aspects of your projects and work in collaboration with the estimating and operational teams based in the same office.
As a Quantity Surveyor you’ll be responsible for:
• Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and budgets.
• Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
• Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information is reported weekly and monthly.
• You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers/clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with BMS and contract budgets
• Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
• Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
• Producing monthly contract valuations and CVRs
What we want:
• Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role having worked on varying project values- We will consider all industry backgrounds
• Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully from inception to completion
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What our Quantity Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”