Location: Based in Southampton
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
• Up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Scheme
• Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance and fuel scheme (Fuel card)
• Up to 7% Employers Pension Contribution
• 23 days holiday with the option to buy and sell up to 2 more days – days rise to 25 after 5 years’ service with the business
• Annual pay reviews each April
• Additional Benefits including medical and life insurance
Ian Williams started life as a Painting contractor in 1946 and have continued to deliver high quality painting works nationally ever since. Through delivering a valued service and sustainable, organic growth, Ian Williams demonstrate a stable framework for the years to come. In Southampton Painting we strive continually to grow and want to do this with a Quantity Surveyor who is as equally as invested as us to secure works and build upon these existing, positive relationships.
As a Quantity Surveyor in our painting division you will actively tender, estimate and measure onsite and will therefore not sit behind a spreadsheet 24hours a day. You’ll be pivotal to the success of your contracts, taking ownership and accountability over the financial, technical and relationship building aspects to ensure profitability is met.
We want to hear from ambitious and commercially focused Quantity Surveyors who don’t just want a job but seek a company who can facilitate a career.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
• Be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit.
• Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
• Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers – We are heavily customer centric, just as much internally as we are externally
• Manage the billing process to minimise capital usage
• Produce monthly contract valuations and CVRs
What we want:
• Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
• Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What it's like to be a Quantity Surveyor at Ian Williams:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.