Location: Based in Tonbridge, East Peckham
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30-5pm
At Ian Williams we ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
- Take home up to 25% performance reward scheme just in time for Christmas (company average over last 3 years- 18%)
- We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
- A company car with our outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so use our buy and sell option
- Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
- Training and development opportunities
We are looking for a Surveyor who matches our ambition to build long lasting relationships. Key to the success of our growth as a contractor has been our people and we recognise that our Surveyors are the heartbeat and biggest differentiator to our organisation.
Who’s right for the job?
- Responsibility- be a part of making this business successful you will be responsible for the commercial accountability of the contracts/ works that you lead.
- Accountability- managing the financial and technical aspects of the contract including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and debtor day targets
- Relationships- develop the necessary relationships internally with the Contracts Manager and the direct labour workforce, along with the sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure the work is completed on time and to the best quality. It’s about working as a team
- Opportunity to incentivise- ensuring all work issued has labour targets
- Commercial Management- managing the contract accounting and ensuring prompt payment, control cost information and preparing Cost Value Reconciliation and valuations to monitor contract performance
- Support- creating a safe and supportive working environment for you to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues, customers and sub-contractors
Skills crucial to the role:
- Proven experience in a similar commercial or surveyor role
- Experience managing cost control and being responsible for profit and loss
- The passion and drive to build relationships to ensure satisfcation on a contract/ project. This will in turn support the success of the commercials.
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.