Location: Based in Old Trafford, Manchester
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
• Up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Bonus (based upon your business unit not whole company performance)
• Company Car with a competitive fuel allowance and fuel scheme (fuel card)
• Up to 7% employers pension contribution
• Annual pay reviews each April
• Additional Benefits including life and medical insurance
• 23 days holiday with the option to buy and sell up to 2 more- days rise to 25 days after 5 years’ service with the business
Our major Manchester Response Unit (reactive repairs and maintenance) seek to appoint two competent Quantity Surveyors to run two of our successful and long-standing contracts. You’ll be part of an established operational and commercial team that work in unison to deliver and maximise the performance of our services.
We don’t just strive to be a contractor of choice but to be the best performing contractor and to do this we need a Quantity Surveyor who matches that same ambition to deliver and to continue to maintain our strong working partnerships. Our performance reward bonuses are based upon each unit hitting budget- as a Quantity Surveyor you have the control and ability to maximise on this and ensure you and the team reach their, realistically achievable 25% every year. On average across the business for the last 3 years our Surveyors have received 18%.
You’ll have full commercial responsibility for the contract, taking accountability for the cost management, measuring, client meetings and financial reporting to ensure the commercial and relationship aspects continue to be a success for the years to come.
Your Key Responsibilities as Quantity Surveyor:
• Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit.
• Ensuring all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
• Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, client, subcontractors and suppliers – We are heavily customer centric, just as much internally as we are externally
• Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
• Producing monthly contract valuations and CVRs
Who’s right for the job?
• Proven experience in a similar surveying role
• Response (repairs and maintenance) experience would be advantageous
• Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully, we seek someone who relishes ownership of their tasks
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
• Someone who would describe themselves as proactive and conscious, we owe our success to our people and with continuous hard work we can provide security for peoples future
What our Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.