Location: Based in Watford, London
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
At Ian Williams we ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
• Take home up to 25% performance reward scheme just in time for Christmas (company average over last 3 years- 18%)
• We are committed to doing annual company pay reviews
• A company car scheme where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
• Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
• 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option
• Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
• Training and development opportunities
Due to growth we have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who thrives on having that balance of, putting the customer first, and profit, to be based in our new Watford office which is part of our London Painting arm.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who matches that ambition to secure work with their ability to build long lasting relationships. Key to the success of our growth at Ian Williams Ltd has been our people and we recognise that our Surveyors are the heartbeat and biggest differentiator to our organisation.
You’ll be pivotal to the success of your contracts, taking ownership and accountability over the financial, technical and relationship building aspects to ensure profitability is met.
We want to hear from ambitious and commercially focused Quantity Surveyors who don’t just want a job but seek a company who can facilitate a career.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll be passionate about business and thrive in having full commercial responsibility for your projects.
As a key part of the commercial team you will drive your projects forward to produce high levels of productivity whilst working collaboratively with operations (contract managers and direct labour), sub-contractors and the client to achieve projects on time and in budget.
You’ll be honest, proactive and hungry to succeed in securing profit. You’ll be pivotal to keeping your unit on budget to achieve your 25% bonus each year. London painting for the last 3 years have been in full receipt of 25% bonus.
Your Key Responsibilities as a Quantity Surveyor:
• Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit
• Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
• Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
• You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with company standards and contract budgets
• Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
• Producing monthly contract valuations
Skills crucial to the role:
• Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role with tendering experience
• Measuring experience (on site)
• Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully from inception to completion
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What our Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.