Location: Based in Plymouth
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
• Up to 25% Performance Reward Salary scheme based upon your business unit’s performance NOT whole company
• Company Car Scheme with a competitive fuel allowance
• Up to 7% employers pension contribution
• 23 days holiday with the option to buy and sell up to 2 days each year- days rise to 25 following 5 years service with the business
• Additional Benefits including life insurance, holidays and pension contribution
Ian Williams Ltd have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be responsible for the running of small to large-scale (up to 1.5 mill) refurbishment projects of varying values across the education, government and local authority sectors in Devon. This role sits within our Capital (planned refurbishments) arm at Ian Williams and you’ll be working as part of the local commercial team based in Plymouth.
Our Business Manager wants to hear from motivated surveyors who are just as passionate about securing work as they are in building and maintaining long lasting relationships with their clients.
You’ll take on full accountability for the technical and commercial aspects of your projects and work in collaboration with the estimating and operational teams based in the same office. Ian Williams can also offer you the support of an established team and the exposure to a variety of sectors in this planned/project based unit.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll be passionate and hungry to achieve and make profit.
As a result of taking full commercial responsibility throughout the lifecycle of a refurbishment project at Ian Williams you will value honesty, regular communication and accuracy.
You’ll be motivated to work collaboratively as a team with contract managers, site teams (direct and sub contract) and the client to maximise the success for all.
As a Quantity Surveyor you’ll be responsible for:
• Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and budgets.
• Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
• Manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information is reported weekly and monthly.
• You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers/clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with company standards and contract budgets
• Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
• Producing monthly contract valuations and CVRs
Skills crucial to the role:
• Proven experience in a similar estimating and quantity surveying role having worked on varying project values (up to 1.5 mill) - We will consider all industry backgrounds
• Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully from inception to completion
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What our Quantity Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.