Location: Based in Wrexham
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
At Ian Williams we ask a lot from our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
- Take home up to 25% Performance Reward Scheme just in time for Christmas (company average over last 3 years- 18%)
- We are committed to annual pay reviews
- A company car scheme where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option
- Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
- Training and development opportunities
A commercial opportunity has arisen to be a part of a growing capital (housing refurbishments) unit of Ian Williams in Wrexham. We seek an ambitious, competent and commercial Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful running of our Voids and refurbishment works.
We don’t just strive to be a contractor of choice but to be the best performing contractor, and to do this we need an additional commercially focused Quantity Surveyor who matches that same ambition to deliver. Initially working on a successful and large voids framework you will continue to deliver this to the highest standards possible whilst also exploring other opportunities to further strengthen our order book.
Ian Williams have been awarded the Investors in People Gold accreditation demonstrating our commitment to facilitate careers. Therefore, we want to hear from Quantity Surveyors who seek out a company invested in developing its people with the drive and interest in seeing how far you can go.
Who’s right for the job?
You’ll be passionate and hungry to deliver; you’ll be able to demonstrate value for money whilst satisfying and exceeding margins.
You’ll relish having accountability and ownership for the commercial aspects of a contract whilst also being able to work collaboratively as part of a local and operational team.
You’ll be a competent and commercial surveyor who values integrity and accuracy in all you do.
As a Quantity Surveyor you’ll be responsible for:
- The financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and achieving profit.
- Preparing tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensuring all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensuring prompt payment and control cost information.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, client, subcontractors and suppliers. We are heavily customer centric, just as much internally as we are externally
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations and CVRs
What will you bring?
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- Refurbishment experience, ideally within the social housing sector albeit this is not essential
- Experience of working to Schedule of Rates type contracts (ideally NHF) and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.