Location: Based in Aston, Birmingham
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours between 8am-5pm, giving you a work/life balance
Employment type: Temporary to permanent
At Ian Williams we ask a lot of our employees that’s why we give so much in return:
- Take home up to 3% performance reward scheme just in time for Christmas (along with local incentives)
- We are committed to annual company pay reviews
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 3%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option
- Training and development opportunities; commitment from a dedicated trainer and team leader who will provide you with at least 2 weeks formal training to start from day one
- Monthly one to ones with your team leader in order to review and keep track of your continued progress
- Sociable working hours between 8.30-5pm Monday to Friday. No weekends!
- Regular Communications Days
- Eyecare vouchers
Following a recent move to our new modern and open planned facilities in Aston our National Response Helpdesk seek to add to its team of Scheduler/Planners, two new members.
As a Scheduler you will manage the diaries and work load of our trade operatives and subcontractors to maximise the completion of reactive repairs and emergencies in people’s homes.
So, who’s right for the job?
You’ll be organised with the ability to multi task and prioritise to time, job type and location requirements; you’ll demonstrate the confidence and ‘can do attitude’ to learn how to plan and maximise our operatives work load.
You will enjoy the dynamics of working within a fast paced and sometimes pressurised environment; working to SLAs and KPIs. You’ll also be able to demonstrate a positive attitude whilst working together as part of a team in order to get things done.
You’ll describe yourself as passionate about customer service and an excellent communicator with the strength of character to make decisions and follow them through to completion and satisfaction,
Above all, you’ll value ‘getting it right’ and take genuine pride in achieving your performance targets.
What will you be doing in the role?
Receiving calls regarding repairs and maintenance enquiries from our social housing client or the residents themselves. As well as:
- Using our dynamic scheduling system, you’ll manage operative diaries to ensure responsive repairs are carried out efficiently, within agreed timescales whilst keeping operatives fully utilized.
- Managing the emerging day, dealing with emergencies and exceptions, to ensure excellent service is delivered to residents.
- Allocating work appropriately to operatives and sub-contractors.
- Being the first point of contact for operatives to help with issues when they are out on site and provide solutions.
- Carrying out administrative tasks, such as entering completion information, and any other ad hoc duties onto the system
- Inputting up to date, accurate and complete notes for each job/task on the system.
- Producing KPI reports daily contributing to the Contract performance
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.