Location: Based in Chipping Sodbury
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Up to 7.5% performance reward
- Annual company pay reviews
- Company Car Scheme with an outstanding private mileage scheme
- 23 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days after 5 years of service
- 3% employer pension contributions
- Buy and sell options on your annual leave
- Additional benefits including permanent health insurance and life insurance.
- Work/ life balance
As the sole Supply Chain Manager within the business, you will have complete accountability and ownership for providing procurement and vendor management advice to all areas of the business nationwide, including undertaking tendering and quotation exercises. This pivotal role is vital to the continued success of the company, with the opportunity to contribute in developing the function processes.
Who’s right for the job?
As Supply Chain Manager, within Ian Williams, you would describe yourself as commercially driven, tenacious and resilient. You enjoy working in a high performing and supportive team, who work collaboratively to ensure you achieve company wide cost focused key performance indicators and targets.
You thrive in developing both existing and new client relationships within the supply chain markets and look to maximise on the deliverables including value for money and rebate terms.
Relevant focuses, to the Commercial team, currently are reviewing systems, processes and service level agreements and as the new Supply Chain Manager you will be key in spearheading these projects.
Utilising your rigorous negotiation skills, you will be rewarded for adding tangible value to the company in minimising overhead costs.
Skills crucial to the role:
- Strong commercial awareness, with the ability to think logically, analytically and flexibly
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers whilst protecting the commercial interests of Ian Williams Ltd.
- Ability to negotiate, and scrutinise any instances of non-performance from a third party supplier
- Proven ability to identify and manage risk, to maximise opportunity to optimise value, cost and cash flow
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or other professional qualification, although not essential will be advantageous.
- Preferable experience within the trades or construction sectors, although not essential
You will be based in our Head Office in Chipping Sodbury, with the expectation to travel frequently ensuring you are collaborating with internal and external clients to ensure the maintenance and development of relationships.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.