Location: Based in Sowton, Exeter
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
• Up to 25% Performance Reward Salary Scheme
• Company Car with a competitive fuel scheme entitlement (fuel card)
• Up to 7% employers pension contribution
• Additional Benefits including medical and life insurance
Interested in working for one of the UK’s leading Property Services Companies, that is just as passionate about their employees as they are their clients?
With a turnover of just under £100m and offices throughout the whole of UK, Ian Williams have grown consistently over the last 70 years developing and sustaining collaborative and long-standing relationships with our clients from local authority, social housing and public sector to the education and commercial arenas, we are here to stay.
Following the successful win of an Asset Management contract in East Devon, secured for 10 years initially, Ian Williams seek to invest in a Surveyor who thrives on having that balance of putting the customer first whilst also ensuring a healthy profit margin. We will initially deliver responsive and void maintenance followed by planned works including; painting/decorating, kitchen & bathrooms, roofing and compliance works to a large housing stock across Exeter/East Devon. Integral to the success of this contract delivery will be our Surveyors.
As a Surveyor you will have direct impact on the success of this contract and commercially fully responsible for the financial, technical and relationship aspects.
As a Surveyor you will be:
• Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit budgets
• Ensuring all works issued have labour targets to return agreed performance
• Managing the contract accounting and control cost information
• Developing and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers
• Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with internal processes and contract budgets
• Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
• Producing monthly contract valuations and CVRs
Ian Williams would like:
• Proven experience in a similar surveying role. Response/reactive experience would be very advantageous but not essential
• Experience of handling high volume, low margin invoicing and billing
• Experience of working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What our Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
“As a Surveyor, Ian Williams Ltd empowers you to take control/ make decisions of all commercial aspects of a contract, so that you can influence margin performance. Obviously, with this comes accountability, YOU plan your time, YOU organise your diary, YOU decide whether you need to be on site or in the office”
“The role has turned out the way described so that was another positive”
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.