Hours: 39 per week
Hourly rate: Competitive
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Vinyl Floor Layer to join our successful Response Maintenance Business based in Manchester and surrounding areas, which specialises in reactive response and void properties.
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Travel Allowance
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
Duties and responsibilities of the Vinyl Floor Layer role:
- Working on Social Housing, Sheltered Housing and Social Care domestic sector reactive response contracts in the Manchester and surrounding areas
- Day to day work focused predominantly on vinyl flooring, cap and cove work, and welding joints, as well as some experience Plumbing and Carpentry to complete remedial works, as required by a Floor Layer
- Customer facing role
Expectations of the successfully appointed Vinyl Floor Layer:
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body in Floor Laying
- Preferably to have experience of working in a reactive response environment and working with vinyl flooring and wet rooms.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Vinyl Floor Layer role.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.