Hours: 39 per week
Hourly rate: Competitive
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Working Foreman/Woman to join our successful Voids and Reactive Response Maintenance Business based in Newton Abbot.
The benefits of working for Templer Homebuild Ltd:
Being recognised as a good employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with regular pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
Duties and responsibilities of the Working Foreman/Woman:
- Working on a Social Housing contract in the Newton Abbot and surrounding areas
- Day to day work focused on supervising a team of tradepersons working on both social housing Voids and Reactive Mainteance.
- Pre void inspections and void setup
- Management of team productivity
- Post inspections
- Health and safety management
- Daily reports to the Contracts Manager
- Client Meetings
Expectations of the successfully appointed Working Foreman/Woman:
- Qualified to a minimum NVQ 2 level or equivalent in either Joinery, Plumbing, or Plastering, or similar professional body
- SMSTS qualification is preferable, although not essential.
- Able to carry out additional duties of a Working Foreperson, including previous supervisory experience in a trades or construction background, as well as working on the tools as a Multi Trade Operative in the core trades.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong commitment to retaining these standards whilst working in the professional environment.
- Ability to work professionally and considerately in a range of environments, including vulnerable tenant’s homes within Social Housing settings.
- Motivated in your approach to work, and able to work to individual and team output targets
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence, which is essential to undertake the Working Foreman/Woman role, with use of a company van.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at https://www.ianwilliams.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Candidate-Privacy-Notice.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, therefore applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.